Desh Besh was established in 1992 as a Fast Food Shop in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and it was incorporated with Investment Promotion Authority (IPA) in the same year. From this humble beginning, it has grown from strength to strength over the years making Desh Besh Enterprises Limited one of a success story. It is now one of the leading wholesaling and retailing companies of groceries in Port Moresby. The company is 100 % nationally owned and operated. Our business model is based on the accomplishment of wholesaling & retailing groceries, the fuel industry, and transport & logistics in Port Moresby. Based on the decision of the company to diversify our business activities we have now ventured into real estate and agro-business activities. The company is an equal opportunity provider, employing over 500 national and non-national employees in various sectors.
At the moment, the company is operating the following business activities;
(0 Section:93 Lot:31, Vani Place, Gordons- CENTRAL SUPERMARKET, CASH
& CARRY, SERVICE STATION, 2 X BAKERIES, 2 X FAST FOOD.
- Section: 93 Lot: 20 Vani Place, Gordons — GORDONS WHOLES AND DELIVERY DEPO.
- Section: 93 Lot: 38,39,40,41, Vani Place, -DESH BESH WHOLESALE & RETAIL, FAST FOOD, BAKERY, AND FREEZER AND SECOND FLOOR DEPARTMENT STORE
- Section: 36 Lot: 15, Lawes Road, KONEDOBU, WHOLESALE & RETAIL, FAST FOOD, BAKERY, AND SECOND FLOOR DEPARTMENT STORE
- Section: 229 Lot: 19, Koura Way Tokarara- CASH & CARRY, FAST FOOD AND BAKERY.
- Section: 227 Lot: 201,202, Koura Way, Tokarara-FREEZER, CONTAINER YARD, TRANSPORT, LOGISTIC, AND WORKSHOP.
- The New Project at 11 Mile Portion 903, Sogeri Road
- POULTRY; MEAT PROCESSING
- FEED MILLS
- FERTILIZER PACKAGING
- WATER TREATMENT PLANT
- VEGETABLE & FRUIT FARMING
- FISH FARMING
The company’s decision to diversify our business activities and particularly enter the agriculture sector is in line with the Papua New Guinea Government Vision 2050, specifically the key pillar on ‘wealth creation, natural resources, and growth nodes’.
The company is keen to participate in the agriculture industry because it sees great potential in creating employment, creating wealth, and providing food security for Papua New Guineans by utilizing our land resources. The company believes that the agriculture sector sustains the livelihoods of the eight million people, and contributes significantly to national development and economic growth. The growth in the economy will encourage the increase of trade volumes both locally and on the export market.
The company’s new agro-business will create up to 300-400 jobs for Papua New Guineans and also create spin-off benefits for the local people both in NCD and Central Province. Our Agro-business is an Integrated Agro-Complex that will be involved in, producing and distributing the following agricultural products; poultry- producing eggs and meat processing & packaging, production of vegetables, vegetable wholesaling & retailing, cattle rearing, fish farming, and fertilizer production.
Environment Sustainability and Climate Change are other of the key pillars enshrined in Vision 2050. In line with this pillar, the company will protect our environment by turning waste manure into fertilizer. The chicken manure pellets from the poultry farm will be processed and packaged for use as organic fertilizer on the company’s farm and also be sold locally and internationally.
The company’s agro-business will provide the people of Papua New Guinea alternative choices of quality agriculture, poultry, fish, and animal meal products. The company believes in actively participating in profitable business ventures but not competing with others.
- Purpose – To be a leader in the wholesale and retailing business and venturing into other business activities by providing enhanced services, relationships and
- Vision-To provide quality services that exceed the expectations of our esteemed
- Mission Statement-To build long-term relationships with our customers and clients and provide exceptional customer services by perusing business through innovation and advanced technology.
- Core Value-We believe in treating our customers with respect and faith. We grow through creativity, invention, and innovation. We integrate honesty, integrity, and business ethics into all aspects of our business functioning.
- Goals-Regional expansion in the field of wholesaling & retailing and developing a strong base of customers. Increase the assets and investments of the company to support the development services. To build a good reputation in the field of wholesaling & retailing, service stations, real estate, and agro-business management and become a key player in these industries.
Scope of Work
Desh Besh conducts business in the wholesaling and retailing of groceries as well
as in the fuel industry, real estate, transport & logistics, and agro-businesses.
The company expects to reach the desired profits in all its operations and does not anticipate serious cash flow problems. We believe in the prudent management of all our finances. Most of the company’s liabilities come from management investments.
The Company has a very strong management team with a focus to provide the best practices and prudent management of the company. We are also an equal employment provider both for national and non—nations. We provide in-house training for our national employees, where we give them opportunities in managerial positions and training.